Who We Are
NT Concepts is a software consulting firm that likes to solve hard problems. It’s our thing. We do that by working with some complex clients (you’ve heard of them) on their hardest challenges. Clients with massive, complex data sets. So we get to keep learning, building, and keeping our skills sharp. And since life’s too short to spend with difficult people, we hire team members that not only like to solve problems, but that we like so hang out with. That's important.
And… Why We’re Both Here - This “Job” Thing
Here it is: we have some opportunities. And we’d like to get to know some more amazing people, that might want to talk about that. People like you. Since you’re reading this, and the title’s “software engineer”, we’re thinking you might be a little interested. Very cool.
Software Engineers form the backbone of our approach - without you, we fail. It’s pretty straightforward. We’re looking for thoughtful, creative engineers who take joy in taking something from concept to reality. Creators who love technology. Our environment’s built for you: a collaborative, test driven, paired programming environment (we like to learn from each other), with the best tools we can deploy.
- 3-10 years’ C++ experience implementing backend image processing applications
- Comfortable with object-oriented design including choosing when to use virtual methods vs. templating, taking into account maintainability and efficiency
- Familiarity with C++11/14/17 features (smart pointers, move operators, threading constructs) and/or heavy experience with boost
- Comfortable with memory management to the point of being able to allocate a block of memory once and reuse it for multiple operations across data types
- Significant multi-threading experience in the context of image processing
- Ability to work remotely under the guidance of Ypsilanti-based scrum and subject matter experts
- Strong nice-to-have: Experience implementing backend image processing in AWS / C2S, integrating AWS services into the application
- Strong nice-to-have: Experience with a tool such as Apache Mesos or OpenShift to spread jobs across machines resiliently. Also experience with Docker for containerizing apps.
- Nice-to-have: Experience with MPI for distributing work across machines
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science, and/or related experience
- TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph
- 12-month minimum commitment once placed
- Willingness to travel as required for face-to-face technical exchanges/program reviews