- Review government contractual documents and collaborate with project managers to ensure accuracy of contract line items, project labor categories, subcontracting, line item ceilings, service contract act requirements, and billing and invoicing provisions for various contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, and LOE).
- Review and reconcile all client invoices to facilitate accurate and timely billing and prompt collection. Validate billing system invoice calculation and application of caps, fees and indirect rates as needed. Resolve complex invoicing issues that arise due to unique billing requirements, project adjustments, or system issues.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of billed and unbilled receivables.
- Prepare monthly project summary reports and budget trackers, identifying discrepancies or concerns for operations managers.
- Engage and assist operations managers in resolving unusual variances, assist with effective project planning and understanding profit drivers.
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency, usefulness and effectiveness of project accounting, billing, accounts receivable functions and internal controls.
- Coordinate and prepare necessary audit schedules for all external audits.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports for bank and DCAA.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive invoicing/project accounting experience within the government contracting industry, preferably using Unanet or Costpoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- US Citizen
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed