Provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the NIDDK with minimum
• Plan and coordinate full life cycle travel arrangements with consideration of billing, payment and budget for travel.
• Study routes, regulations and consider cost, availability, and convenience of different carriers to select the most advantageous route and carrier to NIH and within Federal Regulations (FAR).
• Prepare travel requests for local, domestic (CONUS), foreign, non-foreign, extended temporary and invitational travel including sponsored (348) travel.
• Provide itinerary planning, schedule coordination, preparation and follow through of all documentation needed for travel arrangements in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations (FAR) for travel authorization and vouchers.
• Prepare travel authorizations and vouchers into NBS CGE system.
• Adhere to guidelines for all foreign travel and enter data for Notification of Foreign Travel into appropriate database following timeframe guidelines.
• Prepare justifications for rental car use and other special requests by traveler, secure Actual Expense Allowance (AEA) approval for estimated expenditures above per diem, and other special circumstances from NIDDK Executive Officer (EO).
• Monitor approval process in NBS CGE system.
• Communicate with NIH authorized travel agency and travelers as preparations are made.
• When preparing foreign travel documentation, assist staff by guiding them to the appropriate website to ensure a passport/visa is obtained.
• Ensure invited foreign travelers have the required passport and visa documents.
• Must be able to focus on computer monitor/screen for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, across all organizational levels.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of nine years of related experience.
• Expertise in travel documentation preparation using NBS CGE system.
• Working knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically, Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Proven effective organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5 years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree. With a Master’s Degree, 3 years of general experience is acceptable.