Provides general administrative support to the NIDDK Office of the Director (OD), NIDDK Executive Office (EO), NIDDK Extramural Programs or NIDDK Intramural programs. This includes, but is not limited to, general office support, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and assisting in monitoring tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet, greet, and work with a variety of visitors to the office
• Answers telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
• Take messages in a complete, clear, and accurate manner.
• Prepare correspondence for the Division, Branch Chief or Executive Officer’s signature.
• Arrange meetings on own initiative or upon request, rearrange without consultation to accommodate unexpected circumstances.
• Ensure Division, Branch Chief or Executive Officer’s calendar is scheduled with meetings or events she/he should attend. Ensure Division, Branch Chief or Executive Officer is provided with complete read ahead material(s) in a timely manner.
• Monitors workflow, actions, and tasks between the office and other program areas. Inform supervisor of status of action(s) including emerging issues that may require attention.
• When needed, ensure all procurement actions are entered into NIDDK’s purchasing system and completed in a timely manner.
• When needed, work with locksmith, telecommunications, maintenance, information technology, and/or housekeeping to help ensure additional duties/actions are completed.
• Ensure records in the office (both electronic and paper) are well organized in accordance with NIH policy.
• Maintain general office support, including inventory.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent